From Shades of Silence
rhythms. A Sacred absence in time where Silence came first and
Our Silence is the Sound of the alchemist of Chaos sabotaging the
Silence will be the last.
agents of authority.
Towards (A) Communal Cypher West Coast Benefit Show is being coordinated to raise funds for the Trayvon 2. Engaging Hip Hop as a tool of Decolonization and continuing to build Black and Brown people struggles, we intend to support a thriving local underground West Coast Hip Hop Community from Los Angeles to Oakland all the way to Seattle. On an occupied continent in creative commUNITY, we rise and decolonize, supporting those targeted for speaking for the liberation of our people(s) and building ties across arbitrary borders for our peoples’ survival.
The Trayvon 2 (Hannibal Shakur and Tanzeen Doha) were arrested while protesting the George Zimmerman notguilty verdict in the murder of Trayvon Martin. The Trayvon 2 are the only people being charged and were the only Muslims arrested, and are currently being railroaded through the judicial system on false charges. For more information, updates on developments in the case and ways to support the Trayvon 2’s freedom, visit thetrayvon2.wordpress.com.
June 13, 2014
Os Qilombo, (2313 San Pablo, Oakland). 6PM to Midnight
Featured Hip Hop Heads/Creative Minds/ ARTists: Dani M. Cornejo, E the Ref, Monotheist, Shango, Poesi(A), MC KSwift, Alas, Ruby Ibarra, Savage Fam (See here for samples of their music/videos)
Cyphers/Elements: Graffiti/Arsenal Culture, Bgirl Cypher, Comedians, raffles,
vendors, food , community bridging thru hip hop
“All Prisoners are Political” Shades of Silence
“La Sexta” Shades of Silence via Enlace Zapatista
On this path of decolonization, across the arbitrary borders, building Towards (A) Global, Regional, Local Hip Hop Communal Cypher: creative revolutions always lead to drastic changes.
Live from Oakland, It’s bigger than Hip Hop
Trayvon2 Audio Interview
Facts about the case
1) The Trayvon 2, Hannibal Shakur (Lamar Caldwell) and Tanzeen Doha, are two local activists being prosecuted for protests held last July against the George Zimmerman notguilty verdict in the murder of Trayvon Martin. According to the San Jose Mercury News, they are the only two people being prosecuted in relation to the July protests.
2) They are being railroaded through the judicial system on false charges of felony vandalism (now dropped to misdemeanor vandalism) of a window. Why? Because they are Muslim and they speak out against racist injustice, and because of their past activism against racism and imperialism. Tanzeen worked actively on questions of race, religion, and colonialism at UC Davis and other universities like San Francisco State and San Jose State. Hannibal was active in the protests around Oscar Grant’s 2009 murder by BART police.
3) The case against them is already full of irregularities and they are still just in the pretrial phase. Hannibal and Tanzeen were initially charged separately, Tanzeen only with a misdemeanor. Oddly, they were made co-defendants well after the arrest. They were arrested on the spurious charge of felony vandalism.
4) The state has been dragging its feet since August on these totally false charges, maximizing the impact of this lengthy prosecution on the lives of Tanzeen (who is a husband and father) and Hannibal (who is battling cancer). One week, the prosecution even forgot the court date!
5) The state is acting like it has something to hide. After it was made clear by a witness that arresting officers were lying on the stand, the judge didn’t even address the perjury and then only dropped the felonies to misdemeanors. At an earlier court date, they asked for another continuance because the arresting officer had not responded to repeated subpoena attempts. The judge had to issue a warrant for the arresting officer. These young men are entitled to a speedy trial and they should not be prosecuted on such flimsy evidence. Why is the state dragging this out? Why is the state avoiding presentation of the evidence? Why are officers allowed to so blatantly lie on the stand? The police and prosecutor are trying to stretch this out to maximize the level of inconvenience and the problems these two men face.
The Trayvon 2 are being charged with vandalism of a window, an outrageous charge designed to arrest activists found anywhere near a broken window. Clearly, the DA is using the threat of nonexistent evidence to force these young activists to admit to something they did not do.
We’ve seen the state targeting activists in this way before. The only reason the state and its white supremacist allies have failed is because the resolve of oppressed people has been stronger than the resolve of the oppressive state.
On June 13, let’s tell the state to drop ALL charges
Cypher Rally for the Trayvon 2
Friday June 13 at 8:30am
Wiley Manuel Courthouse, 661 Washington Street (corner of 7th and Washington St, downtown Oakland)
Outside Spectator Sports And the Hip Hop Capitalist Industry. Excerpt From “Hip Hop without Borders: ‘Revolutionary Tourism’ and The Zapatista Little School Segunda Ronda” by Poesi(A)
Its been months since sharing palabras/comida/stories/ and understanding Autonomy with the Zs. I sit back, reflect: What is the art of poetry?
I ask: there is something to be said about spectator sports and empire. What is it about “games” on tv stations created to “entertain us” and the subtle messages where corporations make billions thru indoctrination…So the Seahawks won the Super Bowl while corporations made billions and funded the white rapper who sold out faster than corporate narcopolitrikkks in a city filled with settlers, transplants,walking zombies, gentrified neighborhoods. Native, Black and brown children dying. A School District and City shut down Africatown. Across town a stadium, robots watching the objectification of bodies for commodity, life goes by in a game…business as usual in the Metropolis…
Everyone talking about Sherman in the age of no hope for Obamanation. Pigs shot a brother, here comes the settler white guilt, another mother mourns the loss of her child…a pig shot a pig, Dorner in LA, Seattle Police chief and their guinea pig FBI investigations… Oakland the momentum…turn off your TV, and bump locally thinking globally…creative revolutions always lead to drastic changes…what is it about indoctrination and decolonization?
so I go back in the time to a conversation with a six year old in a Z autonomous community (synchronicity) chill beat laid back blasts the music hip hop rhymes flowing from the headphones of a…
our footsteps, our words, our songs.
Live from Oakland, It’s bigger than Hip Hop
ARTISTS AUDIO/MUSIC OF THOSE PART OF FRIDAY’S CYPHER
SAVAGE FAM: https://soundcloud.com/savagefambam
RUBY IBARRA: http://www.rubyibarra.com/
MC KSWIFT: http://www.mckswift.com/site/
DANI M. CORNEJO: http://debajodelagua.org
E THE REF